gMFSK was written
scratch by Tomi Manninen OH2BNS <oh2bns at sral.fi>. However
it also owes a lot to other people.
- Thanks to Murray ZL1BPU and Nino IZ8BLY for creating very
cool ham communication modes, MFSK16 and MFSK8. Special thanks to
for the technical documentation of MFSK16/8 and Hellschreiber.
- Thanks to Denis UU9JDR for helping me implement MFSK
- Thanks also to Jesús EB1DIX for his RTTY decoder
program for Linux. I used that software as the base for my RTTY
and a lot of ideas was borrowed from it.
- Likewise thanks to Lionel G3PPT for making Throb source
code publically available. Again lot was learned just by browsing
through the code.
- Thanks to Hansi DL9RDZ for his PSK31 C++ classes and the
work of Andrew G0TJZ and Peter G3PLX on which the classes are partly
based on. The PSK31 algorithms in gMFSK
are mostly copied from Hansi's implementation.
- Special thanks to Pawel SP9VRC for his work on MT63 and the
source code for it. The MT63 implementation in gMFSK is completely based on
- Many other people (unknowingly) contributed to the program
by explaining things on mailing lists and writing open source software
themselves. These people include for example Tom HB9JNX, Phil KA9Q and
- Last but not least many thanks to Joni OH2NJR/OH2MUI for
providing me with feedback and equipment to be able to develop and test
This program is something I wrote for my own amusement. I'm
not a professional DSP engineer (though I may want to be one in the
future) and I'm certainly not a GUI programmer nor do I ever want to be
one. Suggestions especially for the GUI part are more than welcome!